Scarlet

Drawn and drying up,
Groaning, on this dark night filled with lust

Trapped in this heat
Reason being I’m falling under anesthesia

If this world disappears
Even if everything ceases to exist,
The one sure thing will be your honeyed voice

Take flight from the darkness, this pain in my heart
This withered voice cannot reach you, all that’s left now, ringing in my ear, the color of you

Rusting, the taste of iron
I've chewed through this so many times

The wavering ceiling
Swallows up the light unexpectedly

If this world disappears
Even if everything ceases to exist
We’ll still search for the same form of peace

At this moment I pray, please heal my heart
This withered voice cannot reach you, this aphrodisiac that’s been drained dry is the color of scarlet

From the darkness it takes wing, this pain in my heart
This withered voice cannot reach you, all that’s left now, ringing in my ear….

Tracing a line with this soiled rouge
Overlapping amidst this world of black and white, the color of scarlet


Credit: alisteners

No comments:

Post a Comment